Limited Waranty For Alcoa® Wheels
(Rev. November 2016)
This limited warranty applies to new Alcoa® Wheels, including forged aluminum wheels for medium duty and heavy duty trucks, truck trailers, bus, RV or motorhome wheels ("Wheels") and the surface or rim flange treatments applied to the Wheels. "Transit Wheels" means Wheels used on transit vehicles, such as buses and vans, whose primary purpose is to transport people. The warranties set forth in this document apply to all Alcoa® Wheels1 manufactured by Arconic and sold by Arconic or its authorized distributor to an original purchaser of the Wheel or their end user.
Arconic warrants that the Wheel is free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable time period set forth below:
- Except as stated in (b) of this section, Wheels are warranted for 60 months from the date of manufacture as shown on the Wheel.
- Transit Wheels and RV and motorhome Wheels are warranted for 120 months from the date of manufacture as shown on the Wheel.
Arconic agrees, without charge, to repair or replace a Wheel that fails in normal use or service (see the qualifications section below) because of defects in material and workmanship.
Arconic warrants the Dura-Flange® rim flange treatment against wear which creates a sharp edge that would require maintenance for 24 months from the date of manufacture as shown on the Wheel.
Arconic warrants the Dura-Bright® surface treatment against:
- filiform corrosion (worm or hair like lines, generally milky in appearance, underneath surface protective treatment and emanating from damage to the surface treatment such as nicks, scratches or damage from mounting hardware or wheel weights);
- blistering or peeling due to loss of adhesion of the surface treatment; and
- lift off of the surface treatment due to physical damage (nicks, scratches, gouges).
The foregoing Dura-Bright® surface treatment warranty is for the applicable period of time set forth below:
- Except as stated in (b) of this section, Dura-Bright® surface treatment on Wheels is warranted for 60 months from the date of manufacture as shown on the Wheel.
- Dura-Bright® surface treatment for RV and motorhome Wheels is warranted for 120 months from the date of manufacture as shown on the Wheel.
If the Dura-Flange® rim flange treatment or Dura-Bright® surface treatment fail in normal use or service (see the qualifications section below) to meet the foregoing warranties on a Wheel, Arconic agrees, without charge, to replace the Wheel.
Qualifications: Arconic does not warrant, and will not repair or replace or make adjustment, with respect to any Wheel or surface or rim flange treatment on such Wheel that has been subjected to misuse or abuse including any of the following:
- Using a tire which is oversized according to standards recommended by the Tire and Rim Association, Inc. or other recognized tire and rim agencies such as ETRTO (Europe);
- Loading the Wheel beyond the applicable maximum Wheel load as specified by Arconic;
- Inflating tires beyond the applicable maximum as specified by Arconic;
- Changing the original condition of the Wheel by alteration or by subjecting it to any processing such as welding or straightening;
- Accidents, abnormal or severe operating conditions including without limitation tire fires, brake fires, severe brake system drags or seizures or running with a flat tire;
- Failure to follow maintenance, instructions or warnings set forth in the Service Manual for Alcoa Wheels ("Service Manual"), Technical Bulletins or other literature for Alcoa Wheels. Recommended maintenance includes, without limitation, using proper torque, periodic cleaning, polishing, valve replacement, periodic inspection for damage and loose lug nuts and rim flange wear inspections and procedures;
- Nicks, scratches and other surface blemishes resulting from neglect, road salt, harsh conditions, improper maintenance, cleaning, road debris, curbing, accident or operation;
- Rim flange wear (unless the rim flange has been treated with Dura-Flange®);
- Using a spacer or adaptor of any kind;
- Damaging the surface during tire mounting and installation due to the use of improper tools or balancing with wheel weights; or
- Damage due to cleaning with abrasives, abrasive brushes, steel wool, scouring pads or strong chemicals (acids or alkaline).
THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE WHEEL SHALL BE MERCHANTABLE OR FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR IS THERE ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT SUCH AS IS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. ARCONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. ARCONIC’S LIABILITY AND THE PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE WHEEL AS STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
This limited warranty should be used in conjunction with the Service Manual and the Dura-Bright® Wheels Cleaning Guide. The Service Manual contains important safety information and warnings. Failure to read and understand that information may result in serious injury or death. If you do not have copies of the Service Manual you may obtain copies free of charge at www.alcoawheels.com or by contacting Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products at (800) 242-9898 or the address below: