Arconic developed Extrusion Alloy 2026 as an improvement over Alloys 2024 and 2224 extrusions, and is a candidate alloy for aerospace structural applications where the governing selection criteria are high damage tolerance, good fatigue resistance and a high degree of manufacturability.
Benefits of Alloy 2026-T3511 extrusions include:
- >10% higher minimum tensile strength
- Higher strength relative to 2024-T3511
- Higher fracture toughness than 2024-T3511
- Better resistance to fatigue crack growth
- Reduction of coarse-grain "recrystallization layer"
- Low machining distortion