Arconic Power and Propulsion has been providing sophisticated coating services to the aerospace and power generation industries since 1963. The advanced coatings supplied by our Whitehall, Michigan and Branford, Connecticut facilities are designed to extend the operating life of the most complex components by providing them with the highest degree of protection against the damaging effects of oxidation and corrosion.
We specialize in the coating of hot-section components cast in nickel-based alloys with equiax, directional solidification and single crystal orientation. Arconic Power and Propulsion's coating operations can also fulfill many of your welding, brazing and stripping needs.
- Chemical vapor deposition (CVD)
- CVD-aluminide, noble-metal aluminide and silicon aluminide
- Units with a working zone up to 40 inches in diameter by 50 inches in length
- Pack cementation: noble-metal aluminide, aluminide, platinum aluminide, chromium
- Plasma spray: low-pressure, high-velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) and air
- Electron beam physical vapor deposition (EBPVD)
- Vacuum brazing
- Vacuum heat treat
- Gas tungsten-arc welding
- Part stripping
- Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI)
- Peening of turbine blade roots