Reynobond® | Reynolux®


FAQs - Applications

Q: Do I need to put a waterproofing barrier behind my panels?

Rain Screens will require a water proof barrier.

Q: Can Reynobond be used for a roof?

Yes, in addition to a waterproof system such as Kalzip®. Several systems exist and some projects already benefit from these combined and aesthetic solution.

Q: Can Reynobond be used for retrofit project?

Absolutely—the lightness of Reynonond makes it ideal for many retrofit applications.

Q: What types of systems are typically used?

For ventilated facades, you can select from 3 rainscreen systems: cassettes, riveted or screwed. Click here  to learn more.

Q: Are stiffeners required? If yes, why?

Not always. Depending on the pressures on the panels, our on-staff engineers can help you identify the necessity to add stiffeners, and the one required. Please contact your Area Sales Manager for a specific study.

Q: Who warranties your panel installation?

It is industry standard that the installation contractor warranties the panel installation, sometimes in conjunction with the fabrication company if they are not one in the same.

Q: What are the cleaning recommendations for each of Reynobond paint finishes?

Please refer to Arconic Architectural Products cleaning recommendations .

Q: Can Reynobond be used with Storefront or Curtain Wall systems, such as Kawneer?

Yes, Kawneer developed special extrusions profiles to fit our panels. Please contact your Area Sales Manager for more information.

Q: When do I need Fire Retardant(FR) versus Polyethylene (PE) Reynobond?

The answer to this, in part, depends on local building codes.  Please contact your Area Sales Manager for more information.

Q: Can I use some FR and some PE on the same project?

This may depend on your local building inspector and codes. Arconic Architectural Products discourages the mixing of FR and PE on the same project primarily due to the possibility of applying panels in the wrong areas. These errors could easily cost more to correct than the savings on material costs.

Q: I am designing a building for 600 Pa winds (as an example). What spacing do I need on my support beams? What is the maximum span for my profiled siding or Reynobond?

This common question must be answered in two parts. First, the actual wind load on the panels must be calculated. Second, the maximum panel span must be determined. Wind speed should be translated into wind load using civil engineering techniques. Factors include: building size and shape, geographic location, significance of the building (warehouse versus hospital), and surrounding structures. Once wind load (typically given in Pascal) has been determined, maximum spans can be identified. AAP offers tables showing maximum recommended spans for most of our products.

Q: What are the differences between Wet, Dry, and Rain Screen systems?

The wet seal is a system in which joints between panels are filled with silicone caulk (wet). Wet seal systems put the water line “outside” the panel. Dry seal systems incorporate gaskets, caulk, extrusions, painted metal strips, and combinations of these. They typically are used when a reveal is desired and will require a drain network and may allow water “behind” the panel. Rain Screens are a façade, and put an air barrier between the panel system and structural wall.

Q: What does pressure equalized system mean?

It means that the same pressure is applied on both sides of the composite panel. It is used for rainscreen claddings.

Arconic Architectural Products Home  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy  |  Legal Notices
Copyright © 2018 Arconic Inc.