What is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scheme that offers fictitious job opportunities to people. It’s typically conducted through online services such as bogus websites or unsolicited emails claiming to be from a well-known company, such as Arconic. These emails instruct recipients to provide personal information, sign counterfeit letters of employment, organize visas and ultimately request payments to submit false applications.
How to Identify Recruitment Fraud:
- The email does not come from an official Arconic.com email address and instead uses an address from a free email service such as: Gmail, Outlook.com, Live.com, Yahoo, AOL or a combination of these.
- You are asked to interview over an instant messenger program.
- You are guaranteed a work-from-home position.
- You are offered payment before being interviewed. The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Arconic name and logo is sometimes featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, passport details, etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies, etc.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency.
Arconic employment policies and processes involve personal interviews in most cases and candidates who seek employment with us are never required to pay any sum of money in advance. To do so would be contrary to our business conduct guidelines and ethical practices.
Actions to Take:
- Report all perceived SCAMS to local authorities.
- Contact the FBI at this link to report the internet scam:
- If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be representing Arconic, .please forward the original email that includes the original subject line and complete header information to TalentAcquisitionCoE_Arconic@arconic.com.
Please Do Not:
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Send any money when applying for a position with Arconic. Arconic does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job as an employee or as a contractor.
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communication may be fraudulent.