A Structural Panel Fastening System for Aerospace Composite Structures
- Comprised of a two piece design: a flat beam lock nut that provides excellent resistance to vibration-induced loosening and has a high cycle life of up to 250 seated cycles, and a stud bolt which features dual - lead threads for quick operation.
- 100º countersink tension head with multiple recess options available including hex and Torx®.
- Stud bolt available in .2160, .2500, .3125 and .3750 inch nominal diameters.
- Stud bolt has positive retention and hold-out.
- Stud bolt offers excellent probability and accomodates angular panel misalignment with the unthreaded nose section.
- Stud bolt accommodates large variations in grip (up to .140 inch).
- Receptacle provides .020 inch minimum radial float and versions allow for angular engagement of nut plate to ease installation of curved panels.
- Receptacle nut portion can be replaced without removing rivets.
- Optional grommet for composite applications provides hard seat surface, good load transfer, counterbore for retaining ring, and is excellent for gasketed applications.